Rosacea or Acne rosacea is considered to be an inflammatory skin condition. It can present as spots on the face associated with redness and flushing. Although more common in fair skinned individuals it is also seen in Asian population.
Subtypes of rosacea include:
- Pustular or Papular-predominantly with spots
- Telangiectatic-predominantly with redness and broken vessels
- Phymas – such as Rhinophyma
- Ocular rosacea
The severity and subtype of rosacea determines the treatment that is offered. These can include:
- Antibiotic creams/gels and ointments
- Anti-inflammatory therapies
- Oral antibiotics
- Laser treatments
One of the advantages of seeing Professor Madan for rosacea treatment is that he has 15 year experience of treating thousands of patients who have not only benefited from Pulsed dye laser VBeam but also from his medical expertise in treating the inflammatory component of rosacea.